How To Sell
Selling at Auction
Selling at auction is easy and simple. The first step is to get a free, no obligation valuation on your items. We host free auction valuation days at our saleroom in Maidenhead every Tuesday and Thursday from 10am to 5pm, and at our Hampstead office every Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 5pm, or at other times by appointment. Or you can email us a photograph of your item and any details to email@example.com and one of our specialists will get back to you as soon as possible.
Maidenhead saleroom, The Auction House, 9 Kings Grove Estate, Maidenhead, SL6 4DP, 01628 944 100
Hampstead office, 12 Heath Street, London, NW3 6TE, 0207 431 9445
We’re also happy to make house visits at a time to suit you, so please do give us a call on 01628 944 100 or 0207 431 9445 to arrange. If you’re happy to go ahead with selling your items, then just bring them in to us and we will agree reserves with you, give you a receipt and enter it into the next suitable sale.
Our selling commission is 15% plus VAT, and an Entry fee of £10. After your item has sold, we pay you by bank transfer and you will receive a notification saying you’ve been paid, it couldn’t be simpler. If your item is unsold then we can either re-enter in the next suitable sale and reduce the price or you can come and collect, the only fee we charge for unsold items is the £10+VAT Entry fee.
Items that sell well include: jewellery, vintage and modern Swiss watches, silver and plated items, medals and militaria, Asian art including Chinese and Japanese porcelain, carved ivory, rhino horn, and jade, ceramics and glassware, clocks, paintings, bronzes, 20th century design, curios and novelty items, designer fashion items and handbags, fine furniture and more.
Five reasons to sell at auction with us
1. With the face of the auction world changing rapidly, we aim to make the process of buying and selling as simple and painless as possible – our friendly and approachable team are only too pleased to answer any and all questions, and to guide you effortlessly through the process. Once you’ve bought or sold with us, even if you’re new to auctions, you’ll be hooked on them!
2. Our monthly sales are advertised and promoted both online and in publications well in advance, to ensure that your items get the maximum publicity, and to ensure that potential buyers are aware that they are coming up for sale.
3. All our sales feature live online bidding, via bid.dawsonsauctions.co.uk and EasyLive.com with each site attracting over 1 million unique visitors a month. In addition we have a database of buyers we will market your items directly to.
4. We provide comprehensive condition reports and photographs for clients all over the world, to ensure that if they can’t get to the saleroom we’ll give them the next best thing to holding the object they would like to buy. Likewise, if they prefer to pop in and view in person, we have invested in a smart and highly accessible saleroom with plenty of parking that will display your lots to their full potential and our staff are always on hand to answer any questions they might have about the items.
5. We can provide valuations for you in several different ways, and have a network of specialist consultants to ensure that you are always receive the most accurate current market valuation for your item. These valuations are free, and no obligation, so that you can ensure that you have all the information you need before deciding whether to sell your items.